HomeHomeHomeHome

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Maine Wedding Gift Idea

Matt and I were invited to a nautical themed wedding in Ohio this past June. Because Matt knew the bride's love of lobsters and I just happen to be from the Lobster capitol of the world, I knew I had to come up with something really good.

One of my favorite gifts to give are LL Bean totes. They are classic Maine, very well made and come in a range of colors. I knew I wanted to do a red monogrammed tote with the couples new initials, and had so much fun filling it with different accoutrements from Maine. We also included a gift certificate for fresh Maine lobsters to be flown overnight whenever they wanted to indulge.

Here is a breakdown of the bag:

  • Classic red tote with insignia style monogram
  • Gift certificate for 4 fresh lobsters from Port Lobster
  • Lobster claw wine stopper and pot holder from KBC Coffee & Dry Goods
  • Lobster bibs and lobster crackers
  • Maine salt water taffy
  • Maine Ingredients Cookbook (from Junior League of Portland, Maine which I am a member)
  • Lobster stationary
  • Few local post cards from around Kennebunkport
  • Bottle of San Pellegrino in nautical tote (since we cannot send wine via mail)
To wrap gift, I used a lot of red tissue paper and red, white and blue madras ribbon. I also added two fun sailors bracelets (see image below) which I always use to wear for weeks on end when I was a kid. We packaged tightly in box, and sent it off to the newlyweds.


No comments:

Post a Comment